Doctor of Chiropractic // Clinical Nutritionist // Personal Trainer
Originally from Stockholm, Sweden, Dr. Christopher De Geer is board certified in both Australia and the U.S. He uses chiropractic, soft tissue modalities, and nutrition to help optimize performance, reduce pain, and improve healing.
For those of us with chronic fatigue, foggy brain, food intolerances, etc., Dr. De Geer is available by appointment to order and interpret blood chemistry panels and to follow up with functional nutrition supplement recommendations, if necessary.
He has a background in personal training and nutrition coaching. He went on to receive a Master’s in Nutrition and is a certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist.
He has worked at Scott Air Force base treating active-duty military as well as at Mizzou treating Division I athletes. He is passionate about health and fitness as he was a scholarship athlete at Mizzou himself and has coached gymnastics in both Sweden and the U.S for over 10 years.
In addition to constantly updating his diagnostic and therapeutic acumen via chiropractic, physiotherapy modalities, and nutrition, he has also been published in the realms of inflammation, cytokines, nutrients, and disc degeneration. Some of his works are listed below:
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Logan College of Chiropractic
- Master of Science in Nutrition and Human Performance, Logan University
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Internal Health Specialist, Loomis Institute of Enzyme Nutrition
- Physiotherapy Board Exam, National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Certified Instrument-Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Practioner (IASTM)
- International College of Applied Kinesiology (AK)
- Motion Palpation Institute
- Certified in Low Level Laser Therapy
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), National Strength & Conditioning Association
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES), National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified Kinesio Taping Practioner (CKTP)
- Parts I-IV Chiropractic Board Exams, National Board of Chiropractic Examiners (NBCE)
- International Board Exam, Counsil on Chiropractic Education Australasia (CCEA)
- De Geer C. The role of cytokines in biological inflammation associated with degenerative disorders of the intervertebral disc. Journal submission in process.
- De Geer C. Disc nutrient types and their transport mechanisms and integrated roles in relation to disc degeneration progression: A comprehensive literature review. Journal submission in process.
- Hussain M, De Geer C. Biomechanical effects of age-related changes in cartilaginous endplates morphology on lumbar discs. Fall Annual Meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society, October 22-25, 2014, San Antonio, Texas.
- Hussain M, Kanwar K, De Geer C. A biomechanical study of the posterior disc region at lower lumbar disc levels. Proceedings of the Association of Chiropractic Colleges Educational Conference XXI/Research Agenda Conference XIX, March 20-22, 2014, Orlando, Florida.
- Hussain M, De Geer C, Storm K. Age-related degenerative morphological changes in lumbar discs: a CT scan study in mid-sagittal plane. Fall Annual Meeting of Biomedical Engineering Society, October 24-27, 2012, Atlanta, Georgia.